Road rebuild underway after Queensland floods


South west Queensland gets more than $370 million in disaster payments to repair roads ruined by floods

February 14, 2011

South west Queensland roads are on the way to being repaired after $370 million was approved to fix routes damaged by floods.

The payment is part of the state and federal government National Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) scheme.

Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Anthony Albanese says $216.9 million has already been approved for state-controlled roads, while local governments have received $153 million.

Queensland Main Roads Minister Craig Wallace says flooding late last year and early this year caused extensive damage to state and local government roads in the south west.

Motorists have been told to expect traffic delays during road works and to obey signs for their own safety and the safety of road workers.



You can also follow our updates by liking us on Facebook