Bruce Highway works for Maryborough region


Section of highway will be upgraded to improve safety, while work continues on another project south of Maryborough

January 21, 2013

A section of the Bruce Highway at Maryborough will be upgraded to improve safety, while work continues on another project south of the city.

Federal Infrastructure and Transport Minister Anthony Albanese says $8.3 million will be spent straightening the approaches to the Walker Street intersection, upgrading the southbound exit lane onto Walker Street and extending the right-turn lane off the highway.

The intersection will also be re-surfaced and its drainage upgraded. The project will be completed by the middle of this year.

Meanwhile, construction of a new 1.1km overtaking lane on the highway near Bauple, 40km south of Maryborough, is on track to be completed by the end of the year.

The $6 million project will allow motorists to pass slower moving vehicles safely, complementing the safety improvements completed last year at the nearby intersection with Bauple Drive.

Albanese says funding for the Walker Street upgrade is coming from the Federal Government’s Bruce Highway Safety Package, which is being used to install overtaking lanes, build rest areas and stopping places and fix more than 100 black spots between Caboolture and Cairns.


Bookmark and Share







You can also follow our updates by liking us on Facebook