Retter to take the reins at NTC


Executive director of the Office of Transport Security will take on the job of NTC CEO next month

June 20, 2013

The executive director of the Office of Transport Security (OTS) will leave his post next month to take on the job of leading the National Transport Commission (NTC).

Paul Retter, whose background includes a stint in the Australian Defence Force, has been named the NTC’s new CEO to replace George Konstandakos, who is currently acting in the position and will soon leave the NTC.

Retter will begin his job on July 8, and NTC Chairman Greg Martin says he brings extensive knowledge of transport and logistics and proven leadership capability to the role.

"Paul’s highly-developed strategic planning, policy and regulatory skills and his capacity to build strong and enduring relationships with industry and government will ensure the NTC continues to deliver high quality reforms in collaboration with our partners," Martin says.

The NTC says Retter has been responsible for turning the OTS, which is the Federal Government’s national preventative security regulator for the transport industry, into an internationally recognised and highly regarded body.

During his Defence days, Retter was responsible for developing and progressing land based military capability requirements to government.

He was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia in 2006 and awarded the Australian Security Medal (Australian Security Industry Award) for Conspicuous Service in 2012.

Konstandakos took on the acting CEO role after Nick Dimopoulos passed away earlier this year.

Martin has praised Konstandakos’s contribution and says the NTC is working toward a smooth leadership transition.


Bookmark and Share







You can also follow our updates by liking us on Facebook