RSRT eyes second annual work program


It might be facing an uncertain future, but that hasn't stopped the tribunal starting on its second annual work program

September 2, 2013

It might be facing an uncertain future come next week, but that has not stopped the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal (RSRT) from starting on its second annual work program.

The RSRT has asked the public to lodge submissions outlining areas of the industry it thinks the tribunal should investigate to see if a road safety remuneration order is warranted to address safety issues.

Its first annual work program, which was released in December last year, targeted retail, livestock, bulk grain and the interstate and intrastate long distance sectors.

A road safety order stemming from the first annual work program is still being finalised.

The move to begin work on a new work program comes as Australians prepare to head to the polls for the federal election.

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, who is tipped to become the next prime minister, has previously questioned the need for the tribunal and has promised to review it if he wins office.

RSRT President Jennifer Acton says people need to lodge submissions with the tribunal by 4pm, October 1. She says submissions received will be considered during the development of the work program.

Bookmark and Share






You can also follow our updates by liking us on Facebook